Paper bag ordinance goes into effect Saturday | Shopping & Services
CHARLESTON COUNTY (WCSC) - It's the last week for Charleston County residents to use plastic bags to store their yard debris.
Starting this Saturday, October 1, yard debris will only be picked up if it is contained in paper bags.
Charleston County Council are instituting the ordinance because paper is more conducive to composting. The change is expected to save space and help the County reach it's 40% recycling goal.
Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day