New law in effect for Folly Beach golf carts | News
FOLLY BEACH, SC (WCSC)- Some new rules go into effect Monday for golf-cart owners on Folly Beach.
Starting Oct. 1, operators must carry a driver's license and a proof of registration and insurance in order to be in compliance with a new law.
Additionally, a new DMV golf-cart permit must be replaced every five years.
The law also brings a bit of freedom to operators: Drivers may now take the golf cart up to four miles away from home, rather than two.
Governor Nikki Haley signed the bill into law last May.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day