Census: Charleston area is 8th-fastest growing in U.S. | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- If you think the Lowcountry is growing and traffic is getting worse, you are correct.
The Charleston metro area is now the eighth-fastest growing region in the country, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
The bureau says from April 2010 to July 2011, the Charleston - North Charleston - Summerville area grew by more than 17,000 people. The bureau cited the good weather, relatively affordable housing, and job opportunities.
Meanwhile, the Myrtle Beach - Conway area came in right behind the Charleston area as the ninth-fastest growing metro area. It's population grew by 17,000 during the same timeframe.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis