Shamrock SUP Race is tomorrow | Events
FOLLY BEACH (WCSC) - Charleston Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Safaris and Flipper Finders are holding a variety of SUP races on the Folly River this Saturday to benefit Pet Helpers and the Emerson Rose Heart Foundation.
The inaugural Shamrock SUP Race feature four different races, starting with the 10K Elite Race at 9 a.m. and the 5K Recreational Race which starts at 9:05 a.m. A Kids Race will start later at 10:45 a.m. and the last race of the morning, the Dog SUP, starts at 11 a.m.
Following the races, an awards ceremony will be held at Charleston SUP Safaris at 83 Center Street.
It's a "Go Green" theme with contestants encouraged to wear green in the spirit of St. Paddy's Day. Fees for the 10K and the 5K are $35. That fee includes a t-shirt. It's $20 for the Kids Race and Dog SUP.
Pre-registration is encouraged, you can download your form here.
Paddleboards will be available for rent for $10 on the day of the race. Last-minute registration opens at 8 a.m.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight