ALS music fundraiser on Bowens Island | Community Spirit
BOWENS ISLAND (WCSC) - You can have a great time for a great cause today at Bowens Island Restaurant. Band Together for ALS, an all-day fundraiser music festival, will start at 11 a.m. and feature a variety of bands.
Participating local bands include: Cary Ann Hearst and Friends, Graham Whorley, the Key of Q, Ryan Bonner and The Dearly Beloved, Sarah Cole and the Hawkes, the Healing, Tommy Moneymaker, and more.
Performances begin at noon and will wrap up around 9 p.m. The event, which costs $20 at the door, will benefit the SC Chapter of the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association. ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a neurodegenerative disease that usually attacks both upper and lower motor neurons and causes degeneration throughout the brain and spinal cord.
Food and drink vendors will be on site during the event. No coolers are permitted.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby