Gift of Life 5K/2K this Saturday | Community Spirit
JAMES ISLAND (WCSC) - The 7th Annual LifePoint Gift of Life 5K/2K Run/Walk will be held this Saturday at James Island County Park.
LifePoint hosts this annual event to bring awareness to the great need for more organ, eye and tissue donors, as well as to help celebrate the lives of those who have
received a transplant. Participating in this year’s race will be numerous recipients and donor families from across South Carolina along with veteran race participants from throughout the Southeast.
Proceeds from LifePoint events help to fund awareness activities about the need for more organ, eye and tissue donors and promote the South Carolina Organ and
Tissue Donor Registry. They also help support commemorative programs for families of donors who have given the gift of life.
The race starts at 9 a.m. If you'd like to register, head to the LifePoint office at 3950 Faber Place Drive, Suite 400, before 5 p.m. on Friday. You can also register on race day between 7:45 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. It's $30 to race.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Folly Beach Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day